A DNS error means that you are unable to view web pages.
you have gotten a DNS error, follow these steps :
1. Check to see if you are connected. (if you aren't
that's the problem, if you are then follow these
2. Double click the My Computer icon.
3. Double click the Dial-up Networking icon.
4. Use the right mouse button and click Online
Gateway icon. Left mouse click properties
from the list.
5. Click the Server Types tab and make sure that  TCP/IP
is the only allowed network protocol  checked.
6. Click the TCP/IP Settings button.
7. Make sure that Server assigned IP Address is  dotted.
8. Make sure that Server Assigned Name Server
Address is dotted.
9. Press OK to the next two windows.
If that doesn't fix the problem, follow these steps. (Please note
you may need your Windows CD to make these changes):
1. Double Click the My Computer icon.
2. Double Click the Control Panel icon.
3. Double Click the Network icon.
4. Click on the TCP/IP protocol then press
5. Make sure that obtain an IP address is
dotted, then click the WINS Configuration  tab. Click
Disable WINS Resolution.
6. Click the DNS
tab. Make sure that  DNS is enabled.
7. You will have to enter some information now:
Primary DNS: 220.127.116.11
(note you must press add after you enter each
Secondary DNS: 18.104.22.168
8. You will now press OK and then OK to
the next window.
The computer will then say you need to
restart the computer to make these changes,